To Our Valued Clients,
Due to the recent developments of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Alberta (and surrounding area in Calgary), the City of Calgary have declared a State of Local Emergency. Therefore we must do our part to help protect our families, friends, colleagues and our communities. The most effective measure to prevent the spread of the virus is social distancing.
As such effectively immediately all of our team members will be working remotely at home and/or working in isolation at our office with no in-person client meetings.
Our work for our clients will continue as normal. Every member of our team is already set-up to work remotely and we will be in constant communication with each other and with our clients. We are able to take this precautionary step because we’re a “Cloud Based Accounting Firm”.
PLEASE NOTE as of today The Canada Revenue Agency have not announced any extensions for personal or corporate tax filing deadlines.
- Social Distancing and Flatten the Curve – having our team work remotely and/or in-office isolation will help flatten the curve on the spread of the coronavirus to ensure we do our part in protecting our valued team members and our valued clients.
- Meetings with Petersco CPA team members will be moved to Zoom Video Conferencing and/or telephone (https://www.zoom.us/).
- Submitting your tax documents to us can be easily accomplished via our Secure Online Client Portal (powered by ShareFile - https://petersco-cpa.sharefile.com). If you do not already have an account with us (eg, your Client Portal) then please reach out to a member of our team and we will send you an email invite to set-up and access your client portal with us.
- Paper documents can still be dropped off at our office (although not recommended). Please kindly insert your documents in an envelope, write your name and contact information (e.g., telephone number and email) and slide the information underneath our door. Someone will contact you to confirm receipt of information in 1-2 business days. If you do not have an envelope, then please take an envelope(s) beside our office entrance door (Room 22).
- Returning documents to you. We will be providing your tax returns and other deliverables to you via the Secure Online Client Portal. Thus your documents will be available to you 24/7 anywhere in the world with internet connection. If you wish to discuss our work then we can schedule a Zoom conference or telephone meeting.
- Signatures can be easily obtained electronically via email e-sign (powered by RightSignature - https://rightsignature.com) or email fax (Fax # 403-220-1876).
- Tax Filings are mostly done via online EFILE so no change is expected. For any tax returns that need to be paper filed, we will ensure they are posted to the tax offices on-time.
- Our bills can be paid online with a credit card by clicking on the link in the email or on the invoice.
What Does This Mean to Our Valued Clients?
Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation… together we will keep each other safe and do our part to #FlattenTheCurve!